Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Born in the USA


I have realized something about myself that I secretly always knew, but finally admitted out loud. I am obsessed with all things Americana. Yes, the fourth of July has always been my second favorite Holiday, I love my blue jeans and fast food, but when it comes to fashion I am slowly realizing my appreciation for all things born and raised American. 
Ralph Lauren has always been a hero of mine for a multitude of reasons, mainly because without the man I would not have a job right now.  I love the idea of the American Dream, that this man designed a tie collection and 30 something years later has an entire empire. He has truly created a lifestyle, one I used to aspire to be apart of but now just admire what it stands for. Ralph Lauren has touched my life in many ways besides just being the name on top of my check every two weeks. For one, I've been wearing the brand since leaving the womb thanks to my Grandmother's love of baby collection. She would probably list him as her 3rd favorite person in the world just under Jesus but above my Grandfather. Next, I have eaten in his restaurant (best ceasar salad I have EVER had), painted my bedroom walls his rich shade of gold, slept in his sheets and went through a phase in middle school where if it didn't have a pony on it, I didn't wear it. Now as I grow older I am obsessed with Club Monaco, where I work and which Ralph owns (which many people do not know). Regardless if you hate everything preppy or not, you have most likely worn or adored something Ralph has been apart of. 
Besides Ralph I have always loved Kenneth Cole (who couldn't love those ad campaigns), everything the Gap stands for and Calvin Klein. Maybe its my simplistic way of looking at fashion, or my fear of taking risks with fashion but for now I can proudly say I am Pro American....fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment