Monday, February 1, 2010

Welcome to my world.

This is my first venture into fashion blogging and I must say I am entering with mixed feelings. I usually hate most fashion bloggers as I find them to usually be attention whores with big heads but I hope to offer something different with my blog. I'm not here to tell you all I know about fashion, in fact, despite my background in the industry and my schooling, I find myself very clueless in a world I have signed myself up for. I of course know all of the basics; in this world Anna is God, Grace is Jesus and Karl fills her orthopedic shoes when she needs a break. I know white after labor day is usually tacky, Uggs shouldn't leave the comfort of your living room (Although I am guilty of this, sue me, if its raining you or a frigid NYC day you may see me rocking a pair), and leggings are not suitable pants. Through this experience I wish to share with you my incredible interest of this industry even if my doubts get to me, any recent amazing purchases (I'm pretty cheap so expect to be wow'ed by some deals) and to gain feedback on what I can be doing, some simple inspirations, some quotes here and their and some incredibly shameless photo shoots (hey, i get to be one of those big headed attention whores after all now too, right?) I would also love history lessons on who's who in the industry and who you think I should know about.


Recent purchases I'm beyond proud of but scared to wear
Amazing all sequins blazer from Club Monaco. Originally $299, marked down to $69 and then my employee discount which is generous. Aka, it was magical. The only problem is I have lost weight (this is not ever a problem except in situations like the following) I am in between sizes but they didn't have the smaller size and figured it would be easier to rock this style over sized then too small. Any ideas on how you's wear it?





Another amazing Club Monaco deal, lets just say its a steal. It looks like a top but in reality is long enough to be an appropriate length dress on my 5'7'' frame. I'm thinking black leggings, a black bandeau and maybe some crazy heels?

No comments:

Post a Comment